7.30.2005

GOING Bananas


As much as I tried for this not to happen, a lot of my time has been spent on wedding preparations which consist mostly of emotional phone conversations with my parents:

J-A is drafting an email to send out to a client. The phone rings.
Dad: "We may have too many guests. How many people do you think M.'s parents are going to invite?"
Me: "Oh my god. We are going to have too many guests? You mean more than the hundreds we are going to have?"
Dad: "We aren't going to have thousands."

J-A is writing out the addresses on the wedding invitations while M. is folding the cards and sticking gold stickers to seal the envelopes. The phone rings.
Mum: "So the wedding hall was offering to provide you with some sort of cake cutting ceremony, a candle-lighting ceremony and a champagne toast..."
Me: "Wait, who said I was going to do such cheesy crap? No way! If you make me do this, I'm going to... I'm going to break something!"
Mum: "I thought that's what you would say, so I told them you wouldn't do it. I said that my daughter lacks the necessary acting abilities to carry off such a thing."

J-A is looking up addresses on the internet. M. has given up and is lying on the bed. The phone rings.
Dad: "Do you think you could invite some more young people? How about your high school friends?"
Me: "What are you talking about? I haven't spoken to them since high school!"
Dad: "Still, there will be so few of your friends coming."
Me: "Well, it's not my fault I don't have many friends in Seoul!"

J-A is trying to blog. The phone rings.
Mum: "Do you think you want extra photos?"
Me: "No!"

I can't wait for the flipping thing to be over.

11:51 AM |